The Bachelor of Science in Business Informatics (BSBI) programme provides in-depth knowledge and skills required to evaluate, implement, use and manage information systems in organizations. The programme produces graduates with solid business background who understand the role of information systems in improving efficiency and effectiveness of organizations; and who are able to bridge the gap between business and information technology area.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Practice successful management in business and industry; and
- Foster professionalism grounded on the highest ethical standards.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
- An understanding of the key concepts of the functional areas in business.
- A clear view of the information system role in business organization.
- Understanding of the basic informatics tools used in business context and their design and development requirements.
- Identify and effectively use appropriate informatics tools and information systems for business applications and decision making.
- Customize user-level software for business needs in economics, social, ethical and legal conditions.
- Apply adequate financial economic skills in business management.
- Create, evaluate and assess a range of best practices on various business areas.
- Conduct project management activities in various business aspects.
- Adopt and use informatics-based solutions for business.
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member of a team.
- Recognize the need for, and engagement in life-long learning.
- Promote ethical and professional behavior.
- Students will gain a wide range of transferrable skills relevant to employability and personal development.
- The duration of the programme is three (3) years and 1 trimester.
- The medium of instruction in all courses is English.
- The number of credits require to graduate is 180 units.
The programme aims to produce business professionals equipped with a sound appreciation of IT and its application in a business context enabling sound administrative and business decision-making in local and global corporate environment. On completion of the Bachelor of Science in Business Informatics degree, students are expected to be attractive to employers in both the public and private sectors where business administration skills in an information technology environment are required. In addition, the programme can lead graduates for postgraduate degrees in business
. Programme Specification: