The Bachelor of Science in Business Informatics (BSBI) programme provides in-depth knowledge and skills required to evaluate, implement, use and manage information systems in organizations. The programme produces graduates with solid business background who understand the role of information systems in improving efficiency and effectiveness of organizations; and who are able to bridge the gap between business and information technology area.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Practice successful management in business and industry; and
- Foster professionalism grounded on the highest ethical standards.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
- An understanding of the key concepts of the functional areas in business;
- A clear view of the information systems role in business organizations; and
- Understanding of the basic informatics and information systems tools used in business context and their design and development requirements.
- Use appropriate business and information systems tools and models for business applications and management decision making;
- Utilize and customize user-level software for business needs in economics, social, ethical and legal conditions; and
- Specify, design and construct reliable, secure and usable information systems in managing business.
- Create and evaluate a range of best practices on various business areas;
- Exploit and critically analyze organizational data and information models for business applications and management decision making; and
- Critically evaluate business informatics solutions based on the needs of various organizations and users.
- Communicate and function effectively as an individual and as a member of a team;
- Recognize the need for, and engagement in life-long learning; and
- Promote ethical and professional behavior.
- Students will gain a wide range of transferrable skills relevant to employability and personal development.
- The duration of the programme is three (3) years and 1 trimester.
- The medium of instruction in all courses is English.
- The number of credits require to graduate is 180 units.
The graduates of BSBI programme can pursue a career as online marketing analyst, business analyst, software applications developer, information security analyst, computer systems analyst, database administrator, management analyst, web application developer, e-commerce developer, management consultant, project manager, quality assurance manager, video production manager or entrepreneur. In addition, the programme can lead graduates for postgraduate degrees in business such as MBA or MSc in Management Information Systems.
. Programme Specification: