The Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics Engineering (BSME) combines mechanical, electronic, electrical, and computer engineering. It is an interdisciplinary scientific area focusing on the study and design of intelligent programmable systems from an engineering perspective and looks into the design, development and controlling of advanced hybrid systems.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Practice as successful mechatronics engineers for the advancement of society.
- Promote professionalism in mechatronics engineering practice.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economics, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function in multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environment, and social context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools, necessary for engineering practice.
- Students will gain a wide range of transferrable skills relevant to employability and personal development.
- The duration of the programme is four (4) years.
- The medium of instruction in all courses is English.
- The number of credits require to graduate is 204 units.
The BSME graduates can pursue a career as production engineer, instrumentation engineer, production/manufacturing supervisor, PLC programmer, design engineer, vocational instructor/trainer, laboratory engineer, maintenance supervisor, or sales engineer. In addition, the programme can lead graduates for postgraduate degrees in engineering.