The Bachelor of Science in Informatics Engineering (BSIE) combines computer technology with engineering concepts. It is an interdisciplinary scientific area focusing on the application of advanced computing, information and communication technologies to engineering. It covers the design and development of intelligent engineered products and processes enabled by the integration of computer, control systems and software engineering technologies.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Initiate and implement projects individually, or in teams, to show ability to solve complex engineering problems that take into consideration safety, health, environmental concerns, and the society in accordance with engineering ethics and laws.
- Pursue career in informatics engineering or related disciplines and/or progress toward completion of advanced/continuing education/industrial training with increasing responsibilities.
- Exhibit professional behavior and success towards the improvement of engineering practice thru project development or research.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs) / Student Outcomes (SO’s)
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Students will gain a wide range of transferrable skills relevant to employability and personal development.
- The duration of the programme is four (4) years.
- The medium of instruction in all courses is English.
- The number of credits require to graduate is 204 units.
The BSIE graduates can pursue a career as network engineer, control engineer, network analyst/administrator, production engineer, systems developer, computer/software engineer, sales engineer, technical instructor/trainer. In addition, the programme can lead graduates for postgraduate degrees in engineering.