The Bachelor of Science in International Business (BSIB) programme provides knowledge and skills required to manage international and global business affairs. The programme intends to develop students with skills and competencies necessary to understand the dynamics of international dimension of economics, banking and finance, and marketing. The programme also endeavors to prepare the students to obtain potentials leading to management positions and employability in general.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Practice successfully international related business activities in local, regional and global markets; and
- Promote professionalism and high ethical standards in international business discipline that recognizes the diversity of culture in international business norms.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
- Identify and understand the interrelationships between international business organizations, and governments throughout the world;
- Develop knowledge of current issues and practices affecting business organizations, international and domestic institutions, and governments;
- Describe the importance of ethical responsibility and moral accountability in the field of international business relations;
- Apply technology and quantitative skills to solve business challenges;
- Employ the sensitivity to and acceptance of differences in the culture of persons, governments and business organizations in the international setting;
- Apply the ability to identify the different leadership and interpersonal skills in dealing with the international business transactions;
- Integrate information resources and technology to enable them to anticipate and manage change;
- Design multidisciplinary approaches in utilizing the latest business and economic theories in a real world business data analysis and presentations;
- Create integrated business and economic concepts showing its relationship to international business and social systems;
- Communicate and function effectively as an individual and as a member of a team;
- Recognize the need for, and engagement in life-long learning; and
- Promote ethical and professional behavior.
- Students will gain a wide range of transferrable skills relevant to employability and personal development.
- The duration of the programme is three (3) years and 1 trimester.
- The medium of instruction in all courses is English.
- The number of credits require to graduate is 180 units.
The graduates of the BSIB programme can pursue a career as financial analyst, sales manager, stock broker, international trader, product manager, management analyst/consultant, economist, business development manager, foreign service officer, trade specialist, finance controller, import/export coordinator, marketing manager, public relations specialist, advertising executive, human resources manager, or entrepreneur. In addition, the programme can lead graduates for postgraduate degrees in business such as MBA or MSc in Business Management.